Now with Free Shipping
The Tall Ship Guidebook is available to order, it is a print on demand book and normally takes about ten days to deliver. (Christmas Orders need to be in by 7th December.)
What's your interest?
- Gift Buyer
- Hardback Advantages
- printed on 80gsm high-quality paper.
- Strong binding
- More durable for use at sea.
- For myself
- I want to work on a tall ship.
- I want to join the Tall Ships Races.
- I need to prepare for my first voyage on a tall ship.
- I like learning about tall ships.
- I want to record my sea time.
- I would like to record the ships I have seen.I like learning about tall ships.
- You can find the best way to work on tall ships without spending a fortune and see how to develop a career at sea.
- You’ll be climbing the rigging and setting the sails in no time at all.
- You will see details of future Tall Ships Races and some vessels you can sail whatever your age. Planning is what you need to join the Tall Ship Races.
- You will get top tips on getting ready for your first voyage, including clothing for wet and cold days.
- Recording your sea time is a requirement of most nautical qualifications.
- Log your ship spotting and keep clear information.
- There is no other knowledge base as useful as this guide book.
‘I can heartily recommend the Tall Ship Guide and Logbook to any prospective sailor.’ Chris Phillips, Tall Ship Captain
Why is the Tall Ship Guidebook so useful?
- People like you have made this book useful by telling us what you need to know.
- The diagrams make it easy for you to spot the parts of a ship, mast or sail.
- The words we use are easy for you to understand and the nautical jargon falls naturally into place as you progress through the guidebook.
- Plus a three-part logbook section.
- You can use it at sea without risking your electronics.
- The Captain can sign your voyage log.
‘I wish we had had your guide to tallships before we went on Europa!’ Andy, Europa sailor.
Why is it the best
- Some ships have handbooks that tell you how they want things done.
- The Tall Ships Guidebook explains why things have to be done and how to achieve them but points out that different ships may do things in slightly different ways.
- This knowledge allows you to be flexible without being upset if it’s not quite what you expected.
‘Debbie and Adam have compiled an excellent handbook.’ Hugh O’Neill, Tall Ship Captain
- Imagine standing in the bows as the wind powers the ship through the sea and beside you dolphins are playing in the bow wave.
- You could be ‘the person’ on lookout duty tasked to watch out for wildlife, navigational features and other ships.
- We’ll give you top tips on spotting wildlife and making lookout duty one of your favourite duties.
“Thank you, I found the guide really useful” Ann I
- What’s the worst thing about a new situation?
- Feeling like a newbie and not knowing what to do or what to expect.
- No worries,
- The Guidebook will give you the knowledge and a special chapter on ‘How to prepare for your first Voyage’ wilt take the worry out of the situation.
- “I think this tall ships publication is brilliant.” Sheila R.
Caution, it can change your life!
A young woman sailed with Debbie and Adam on a tall ship and our small pilot cutter Eve of St Mawes. At the time she was completing a Music Degree at Edinburgh University. Now she is a Master Mariner and Ice Master of oil or chemical tankers, you don’t find higher qualifications than that in the Merchant Navy.
You are welcome to follow us.
‘I thought you had never sailed before.’
You hadn’t, but you'll thank yourself for getting the Tall Ship Guide and Logbook.
- “Thank you for this beautifully illustrated and very helpful book about tall ships.” Donatella G.